WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Wake Forest is 0-7 against top-10 ranked opponents in the Dave Clawson era, with six of those encounters coming on the road.
In the only home game in the mix, Wake lost 35-13 to Clemson on Nov. 19, 2016. They were 24-point underdogs entering the contest.
Clawson and his Deacs have a chance Saturday to break through win a program-defining victory, and it’s a game that most figure to be close. Wake is just a touchdown underdog, and tickets to the game are selling fast. Wake has never won a home game against a top-10 ranked opponent and the only such win came in 1946 in Knoxville over the Tennessee Volunteers.
Here’s everything you need to know about the game:
No. 8 Notre Dame (3-0) at Wake Forest (2-1)
- Date: Saturday, Sept. 22
- Time: Noon
- Location: BB&T Field – Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Tickets: The Wake Forest Football twitter account said there are ‘limited’ tickets remaining. Checking the map, there can’t be more than a few hundred. They’re priced from $95-$105 and available from Wake Forest.
- TV: ABC, with Sean McDonough, Todd Blackledge and Holly Rowe.
- Radio: Stan Cotten & Lary Sorensen on the call for IMG Radio. Click here for local affiliates or listen for free anywhere with new Wake Forest Gameday App or the Tune In app (both available at the App Store or Google Play for free). Pregame show begins an hour before kickoff.
- Vegas Info: Notre Dame is a seven-point favorite, via Odds Shark, with an over/under of 60 points.
- Weather: Scattered thunderstorms are expected ‘late in the day,’ with a high temperature in the mid-80s according to The Weather Channel.