Game Info: No. 12 Syracuse Orange (8-2) vs No. 3 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (10-0)
Date: Saturday, Nov. 17, 2018
Time: 2:30 p.m. EST
Location: Yankee Stadium – New York, NY
Odds: All betting odds, lines and props via Fan Duel Sportsbook
Moneyline: SYR: +310 | ND: -410
Spread: SYR: +10.5 (-110) | ND: -10.5 (-110)
Total: 65.5 | Over: (-110) | Under (-110)
- SYR: TE – Jesse Conners (Out – Hand)
- SYR: WR – Ed Hendrix (Out – Knee)
- SYR: WR – Cooper Lutz (Out – Undisclosed)
- ND: RB – Jafar Armstrong (Probable – Ankle)
- ND: TE – Alize Mack (Out – Concussion)
Records Against the Spread:
Public Betting Splits:
- SYR: 59 Percent
- ND: 41 Percent
SOS of the top 15 in the CFP:
7. LSU (4)
15. Texas (8)
14. Penn St. (10)
5. UGA (17)
13. Florida (20)
4. Michigan (30)
6. Oklahoma (33)
1. Bama (34)
2. Clemson (45)
9. West Virginia (48)
3. Notre Dame (50)
10. Ohio St. (58)
8. Washington St. (60)
12. Syracuse (76)
11. UCF (118)
— Barrett Sallee (@BarrettSallee) November 14, 2018
- Of the 13 total college football games played at Yankee Stadium, Notre Dame and Syracuse have appeared in four of them but never faced one another there.
- Across these four appearances, both Notre Dame and Syracuse are undefeated at 2-0 each.
- Notre Dame holds the all-time series lead at 5-3, and the Fighting Irish have both of their last two meetings (2016, 2014) with the Orange by a combined score of 43 points.
- Syracuse is No. 14 in the country in total offense and averages 482.2 yards per game.
- Notre Dame is 26th in total offense and averages 453.7 yards per game.
- Ian Book, who will return from a one-week injury absence, has been great away from South Bend, throwing for 1,269 yards and 8 TDs and rushing for 143 yards and 4 TDs.
- Away Team (Syracuse) Total Points: Over 27.5 Points (-110) – Syracuse currently boasts the No. 7 scoring offense in the country at 44.4 points per game. The Orange have scored fewer than 28 points just one time this season (23 points), and that came on the road against No. 2 Clemson and the Tigers’ No. 1 scoring defense in the country (12.7 PPG). Notre Dame’s scoring defense weighs in at No. 15 in the country, allowing 18.7 PPG.
- Total Points Alternative: Under 62.5 Points (+140) – Let’s just play the law of averages on this one, especially with the
return of Notre Dame QB Ian Book this Saturday. Averaging Syracuse’s offensive PPG (44.4) with Notre Dame’s defensive PPG (12.7) comes out to 28.55 PPG. Averaging ND’s offensive PPG (34.5) with Syracuse’s defensive PPG (27.6) comes out to 31.05. Add these two averages together, and the total balances out to a cool 59.6 points.
Get $5 with your first deposit on FanDuel. Join Now.
David Hayes is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David Hayes also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username DavidWHayes. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author’s alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.