When the Alliance of American Football (AAF) kicks off in a several months, eight former users of the Notre Dame Battling Irish will be getting the field.
The AAF rosters had been produced this 7 days, and ND Insider recognized eight former Notre Dame players established to perform in the upstart soccer league:
- Linebacker Nyles Morgan (2014-17) will be signing up for the Arizona Hotshots.
- Functioning again Tarean Folston (2013-16) will be signing up for the Atlanta Legends.
- Defensive again Max Redfield (2013-15) is a member of the Birmingham Iron
- Cornerback Cody Riggs (2014) and punter Ben Turk (2009-12) will perform for the Orlando Apollos.
- Linebacker Greer Martini (2014-17) will be a member of the Salt Lake Stallions.
- Long snapper Scott Daly (2013-16) is signing up for the San Antonio Commanders.
- Offensive guard John Montelus is a member of the San Diego Fleet.
Folston led Notre Dame in dashing yards and was 2nd in yards from scrimmage in 2014. Redfield and Riggs had been the two defenders on that similar team.
Morgan and Martini had been major-five tacklers on the team in 2016 and 2017.
Turk was the setting up punter for a few straight seasons, from 2010 to 2012, averaging just under 40 yards per punt for his job.
Notre Dame also has illustration in the AAF front office environment, with former Battling Irish and New York Giants defensive conclusion Justin Tuck serving on the Player Engagements Board Of Advisors.
The league is established to perform its inaugural video games on Saturday, February 9, when San Antonio hosts San Diego and Orlando hosts Atlanta.