Check that remote, and make sure the batteries are charged.
On Sept. 29, college football fans might be hitting that “previous” button on their TV remote quite a bit.
It could be a great night of college football with two Top 10 matchups playing out at the same time.
On ABC, it might be the Big Ten game of the year when No. 4 Ohio State (4-0) plays at No. 9 Penn State (4-0). On NBC, the stakes are just as big when No. 7 Stanford (4-0) travels to South Bend, Indiana, to take on 4-0 and No. 8 Notre Dame. Both games kick off at 7:30 p.m.
It’s still early, but the winners will be in a solid position for the College Football Playoff. But it’s just the first step.
Prediction time: Ohio State quarterback Duane Haskins outperforms Nittany Lions QB Trace McSorley, and the Buckeyes win, 31-20. At Notre Dame Stadium, the Fighting Irish’s tough defense and new QB Ian Book wake up the echoes, as ND takes it, 21-10.
Here are this week’s top games to watch:
Syracuse at Clemson, noon (WEWS)
West Virginia at Texas Tech, noon (ESPN2)
Baylor at Oklahoma, 3:30 (WEWS)
Tennessee at Georgia, 3:30 (WOIO)
Michigan at Northwestern, 4:30 (WJW)
Ohio State at Penn State, 7:30 (WEWS)
Stanford at Notre Dame, 7:30 (WKYC)
BYU at Washington, 8:30 (WJW)
Ole Miss at LSU, 9:15 (ESPN)
(last week’s rankings in parenthesis)
1. Alabama 4-0 (1): Beat Texas A&M, 45-23
2. LSU 4-0 (2): Beat Louisiana Tech, 38-21
3. Ohio State 4-0 (3): Beat Tulane, 49-6
4. Georgia 4-0 (4): Won at Missouri, 43-29
5. Clemson 4-0 (5): Won at Georgia Tech, 49-21
6. Auburn 3-1 (6): Beat Arkansas, 34-3
7. Notre Dame 4-0 (8): Won at Wake Forest, 56-27
8. Stanford 4-0 (9): Won at Oregon, 38-31 (OT)
9. Oklahoma 4-0 (7): Beat Army, 28-21 (OT)
10. Penn State 4-0 (10): Won at Illinois, 63-24
Watch list: Washington, West Virginia, Michigan, Central Florida